Saturday, September 1, 2012

Feeling down and out

I love football season. I enjoy the time spent with my family and friends in front of the TV rooting on my favorite teams. It's football Saturday and I felt down and out.. my allergies are bugging me and I think I am battling something more on top of that.

Needless to say I spent most of the day dozing on and off on the couch catching the Huskers here and there win the game. Michael and Caleb had an amazing opportunity from my brother Kraig to go to Memorial Stadium for the opening game of the season. They sat on the 40th yard line about 15 rows up.. super fantastic seats!

Michael was generous and made a pot of chili before he headed out to tailgate before the game and I was so grateful that I didn't need to plan the menu due to the fact I am feeling ucky. If you know me, I love a clean house, I work really hard keeping on top of everything, I vacuum almost daily, mop at least every other day, dishes are done right away, I am not trying to sound all uppity about it, it's just my usual routine. But today was not my usual, I feel sluggish and I didn't do the usual. My husband comes home from his day away and the dishwasher hadn't been started, it was pretty full I guess, the kitchen was kind of messy, and he was upset. He likes a tidy house and usually that's the way it looks. I was hurt by his frustrated comments about me leaving things a mess, and I cried. I am still fighting tears as I write this, I hate disappointing people. I struggle with letting someone down and I feel like I don't really have an excuse to just let down for an afternoon. Am I painting a stark picture of my husbands response to me? I don't mean to make him out to be some demanding perfectionist, he's not and he is incredibly helpful, he does almost all the cooking and I so appreciate and love him. But our marriage isn't perfect, we mess up, say the wrong things, don't apologize, and so on. This is just one of those moments, those days where my husband is not being sensitive to me. Hate nights like this, hate feeling sick and really hate knowing that my natural response is to just push myself to the extreme and clean every nook and cranny tonight, even though I feel feverish and icky. So, what should I do? .. I have no good response... so, off to bed; this girl is tired and moody!

2 comments:

  1. Refreshingly raw and honest. So sorry you feel sick and down, that is not your usual.
    I looked around our home tonight and had to chant to myself...I am still ok even when my house is not...I can be ok...:P It is a pit and we are gone the next 2 days all day. I HATE that. Guess I need to keep chanting.

    See..your transparency makes me the same, for that I am grateful, and for you & Mike, so grateful for the two of you-thank goodness you are not perfect! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sister!!! His grace is sufficient :)
    2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

    ReplyDelete