Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Privileged

So much of what I get to do as a mom and wife is a privilege. Saying I love yous and hearing them back...what more can I ask for? I think about what joy comes for the hugs and words of affirmation that I get to give each day. I am not saying in any way that this is all my day is filled with. I argue with my kids and husband and I have many moments of frustration.. but overall I am grateful for the all of it. The messy mishaps and right now I am overwhelmed by how privileged I am to have my family. 

My husband is dealing with kidney stone issues today and didn't sleep much last night, I am reminded of all he does to help our family run smoothly. It's days like today where I see all that he contributes to helping out in the house and I realize how very lucky I am. Thankful for a man like Michael, and I am trying to serve him today in any way I can to help his day be easier. Hoping he is feeling back to his usual self soon and that the stone passes quickly! Prayers appreciated!

I am glad that I get to do laundry today, happy that I can fold my kids clothes, because there are lots of women who are longing to fold little baby clothes today and I refuse to take it for-granted. So my griping about the many baskets that now line my laundry room will go unheard today. I am privileged. I am thankful.

Perspective is everything. It's a good day. It's a day to look around and realize all that I've been given... what a great gift life is!

No comments:

Post a Comment