Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving!













Oh, what a wonderful day we have had! We woke up around 8:00 and put in the turkey, we watched the Macy Thanksgiving parade in our jammies, drank coffee, ate donuts, and had an all together merry little thanksgiving! Had all the fixins about 1:00; turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, warm rolls, and if I do say so myself amazing gravy! I made two pumpkin pies, that we will enjoy after the Christmas tree is up.. it's in the process right now! My wonderful hubby is an amazing lighting expert and has put about 800 lights on our little 6 and 1/2 foot tree.. he decided to add a bit of red to our gold lights, and wrapped them around the trunk of the tree and hung gold all around! It's gorgeous! My heart is full! I am thankful beyond words, thankful for a warm house, wonderful family and most importantly in awe of God's amazing love! My son and daughter made me cry as we prayed today at the table.. Caleb prayed for blessing on Michael who provides the roof over our head, the food on our table, and is a great daddy.. Faith prayed for the people down at People's City Mission in Lincoln, we served together as a family last night at the homeless shelter with our Oasis Youth and Faith prayed for those who had no table of their own to sit around.. and we prayed for Italy... reflecting on all we have and how blessed we are.. all Glory to God! This is one of my favorite days of the year for sure! Family, great food and laughter! Blessings to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment