Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time for giving thanks!



Understanding the places in your life where thanks needs to be given and where God has blessed us is often times overlooked... I have found that the things we want to change or the things that have not gone the way we wanted are far easier to recognize... I think it's because we become so self focused that we don't recognize the joy and blessing in every day life! Each day is a gift, regardless of how we feel, God never changes.. He is constantly loving, giving, gracious, and so deserving of our praise well beyond how we feel.. Glory needs to be given for each moment he gives us.. beyond the pain, fear, disappointment, or whatever we are going through.. our praises need to lifted to our Lord! Thankfulness is a decision... God sometimes puts us through things and we don't understand why, but in order for us to get the reason we have to go through the pain, sorrow, or anger to reveal God's greater plan. He is constantly molding us.. and that often times requires us to go through things that are difficult and tiresome.. but God's grace is enough! I have been reading Job and I tell you what, I want to reflect the faith that Job had! I want to praise God's name regardless of my situation! To never doubt that God loves me, to never blame God for my pain, but to rejoice always knowing that God is above all circumstances!! I have experienced some disappointments this week.... but I have rejoiced in the Lord, sang out praises to Him until I lost my voice, because He is worthy! I am thankful for the circumstances that have brought me to my knees and humbled me this week! I am thankful for my prayer time and my desire to read my Bible, I am thankful for digging in deeper and seeking God when my heart was heavy with questions~ God is Good!!
Isaiah 55:8
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I think its hilarious you lost your voice. Well said. Though, I would be super thankful if blogger had chat mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan- We will be chatting soon! :) It would be cool if blogger had chat! It was funny I told Mike he should study Job too with me... and he was like, "I don't want to study Job.. God asked you to study Job Renee, not me" :) lol! It's been an interesting few days in it!

    ReplyDelete