Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Decisions


Life is all about decisions. Deciding what to eat, wear, go, work, ect. The last two mornings due to my son's decision to play basketball, I have had to wake up at like 5:15am. Now, I would not say that I have enjoyed this early routine, but I have enjoyed the prayer time that has come out of it. The house is very quiet up until about 6:40, when alarm clocks start going off for the usual days routine.. so that good hour I have before I take Faith to school has been spent in prayer. Now, I could have decided to go back to bed or wasted time watching TV, but I decided to pray. What I have found is that this decision that last two mornings has been such a huge blessing! The spirit has been working on me and I have felt convicted to pull away from the things that distract me... so I decided to give up facebook for a week. This is not an easy decision for me, I love catching up with people on facebook, looking at what's going on with everyone, finding old and new friends, playing the time wasting games, it's a social outlet for me. However, I felt God pressing me about letting it go for a week... So I am. There are some people in my life right now that have been heavy on my heart and this next week I will have more time to focus on lifting them up in prayer. I pray for my family and friends daily, but I think that not having all the distraction of the computer will help me to remember to pray more often. Who knows maybe I will decide to give up facebook all together after this week..... nah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment