Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Home is where the heart is



This word evokes so many emotions. I have been home bound the last couple of days due to not feeling well. I've been struggling mostly with a sore throat, that somehow turned into an ear infection and a ruptured eardrum. boo. I have been nestled fairly comfortable on the couch most days and have tried to rest and drink plenty of fluids. Which is why I am thinking all about what home is.

Home is family. I think that's the best way to sum it up. I think location has become less important to me over time, I have processed through and let go of some of my previous thoughts on what it requires to call somewhere home. God has been working on my heart. Showing me where I had been led astray and required falsely things that I thought made up "home". I am leaving my homeland in about fourteen months, leaving all the familiar things I've known. However, home goes with me, my husband and our children.

Rome, Italy


No comments:

Post a Comment