Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm awake...

Eva Gonzalès Morning Awakening -"Le reveil" 1876 Paris

I don't know if you've had nights like the one I had last night, but I bet you probably have. It's the kind of night where you go to bed super tired, and are anticipating sleeping in!! But, something seems to stir you and you wake up extra early, and think.. what? why am I awake at 5am? The strange thing is, Michael woke up about the same time I did, and I turned to him and said, "Why did God wake us up? Do you want to pray together?" Well, if you know my hubby, he is so not a morning person! But he nodded and we prayed.. silently.. it was this amazing moment, where we normally pray together out loud, we decided to just pray quietly in our own hearts together.. It was great, we each just went through whatever God was placing on our hearts and minds and then rolled over about a half hour later and tried to go back to sleep.. which wasn't very successful, but we did rest..

I remember the dream I was having before I woke up, it was about a young boy, who was alone, he was drinking a bottle of Tylenol... and I walked into the room and found him, I remember feeling so scared about why he was alone and why he was taking a whole bottle of medication... and when I woke, I prayed for him, I don't know if he was a real child or not, but I prayed for all the children who are alone, who are hurting, who are self medicating their pain, and my heart was torn, broken for all those lost...

I also prayed for each member of our team, I prayed that God would give them peace today, that he would multiply their funding, and that he would bring unity.

These were the things that God has been pressing on me about, it was also funny how I heard each of my neighbors leave this morning, and I had a chance to pray for their days as well... it was not the morning I had envisioned when I went to bed last night, but it was better, because it was His plan for my morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment