Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Madness!

What a month March has been! March Madness indeed! I am happy to report that our fundraising efforts are going great! We are blessed by our Church! Crete Berean is an amazing body of believers and we are thrilled to be a part of the congregation, overjoyed to know people so passionate about missions!

April will bring lots of meetings with people in the congregation, and we are so excited to really kick off our fundraising within the body!! How amazing it is to me, a girl who grew up not really knowing much about missions, not really being involved in international missions, now being a girl all about it! The journey, looking back.. absolutely takes my breath away! How God would ever want to use someone like me to reach those lost in Italy... I am so humbled and so giddy all at the same time! It's a weird combo of emotions and thoughts as I think about all that missions means to me and all that God did in order to get me here to this point... for such a time as this!

I want to share a really cool thing that happened to me today. I was sending out some Facebook messages to friends and I sent one to a guy who means a lot to me. Someone who's known me for like ever and who is always honest about what he's thinking. Something I greatly appreciate! I wrote him to ask about giving to us monthly and wanting to get together again and he replied in his honest manner and I don't think he even knows how much the words he wrote blessed my heart and made my day! Here's what he said.. in a nutshell..

"If it was anyone else it would be an immediate "NO". I know you guys believe you are going to change peoples lives over there. I have to think about it."

This really honest response absolutely blessed my heart. It encouraged me! It made me stop and pray and thank God for people who are willing to think about it, who are willing to consider coming along side us. We need people to do that! We need more senders, we are praying that God would have us at 50% funded by August. We believe that we will be and maybe even higher than 50%!! Pray for us as we continue on, pray for strength, health, and daily growth in Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment