Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hearing


Okay, so about eight days ago, I had this intense earache at about 2am where I was in tears from the pain. Come to find out at my Dr. the next day I had a severe ear infection that caused my eardrum to rupture and tear... ouch!! And what comes along with that, is loss of hearing. I have no hearing in my left ear, it makes it incredibly difficult to hear anyone, I forget sometimes just how difficult this really is. If there is any background noise, I can not hardly make out what the person speaking to me is saying, unless I concentrate very hard. It's made speaking on the phone at times difficult, I found out tonight that using the phone while in a car is nearly impossible!

So, while I patiently wait to regain my hearing to full capacity... would you please pray that my hearing returns quickly! I am such a communicator by nature and wow, it's hard to do in most situations now without a lot of concentration... my poor right ear is trying to filter and sometimes the ringing in the left ear causes it to just be too much. I find myself a bit frustrated, but mostly it has reminded me how important hearing is.

God so wants to hear from me, He loves being with me, He wants to hear my voice.... I have felt so encouraged by and lifted up by girlfriends lately, women who listen, and hear my heart and whose voices I feel so immensely blessed by. Praising God for that, for giving me those relationships! A girlfriend just encouraged me with Isaiah 61:1-4! Reminding me of God's favor and His calling on my life! What a rich blessing it is to have people know your heart and more importantly women who are seeking after God's and walking shoulder to shoulder with you in your walk with Jesus!

While I am planning and preparing for the Women's Retreat coming up in April, I look forward to gathering with the women of our congregation and also women from other congregations! As we focus on "Finding Sanctuary"! So excited to see what God has in store!




No comments:

Post a Comment