Saturday, January 29, 2011

Reading


This past week has been filled with lots of reading! I am a reader by nature, I love it actually! Something about being that "wordy" person that I am and combining that with the research personality I have makes me delight in books! I also seem to have a few books going at a time, this week I accomplished finishing two of them and starting on a third.

For team leader training prep at Avant they sent us two books to read and they are "The Truth about Leadership" by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner and "Commisssioned" by Marvin J. Newell. Each book challenged me and helped grow me in areas that are very real to the walk we are on right now. I am looking forward to discussing them in a group setting and hearing the leaders at Avant talk about them as well.

The third book I started was Crazy Love by Francis Chan, and wow.. talk about impacting and honest! I have heard people talking about it for awhile and hadn't gotten around to reading it, and I had gone over to one of our neighbors the other day and saw she had a copy. I asked her about what she thought and she said if I'd like to read it I could borrow it, and I am so glad I did! I can't wait to finish it and have Michael read it too.. I can see why they use this book in small groups, cuz you wanna talk about it and pick someones brain about it too..

Enjoying the preparations of ministry and missions! I feel very blessed and thankful that I get to be a stay at home mom and have the time to fellowship with friends during the day and read and prepare in the way that I can. What an awesome gift my husband is giving me... anyone free for coffee next week? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment