Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Took a bit of a break




December was filled with so many wonderful things! My parents came back from Texas for about a week and it was so wonderful seeing them! I celebrated my 33rd birthday this Christmas, it doesn't seem possible that I am nearly that old! My kiddos were out of school for two weeks and I enjoyed every last minute of having them home! The schedule was busy and filled with lots of wonderful get togethers and visiting with old and new friends and family! How quickly time gets away from us and the Christmas season ends... I still have yet to take down my Christmas trees or decorations, I figure that Epiphany is the 6th, so I still have time! I decided I didn't want to spend any of our break from school taking down things and putting them away, I have all week to do that!

2011 has arrived and I am so excited about what this year has to hold. I can now say I will be in Italy "next year"... how amazing is that?! This year will hold many special events and many holidays that will be our last in the states for 5 years or so... I am keeping in mind to be purposeful about the time I spend gathered with family and friends, knowing that it may be awhile before I do that again. I feel this pressing in from Holy Spirit about delighting myself in the Lord.. my scripture for this year is Psalm 35:9 Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in his salvation. May that be the reflection of my attitude this year, that I will rejoice and delight myself in Jesus! How often I look for delight in other things, but wow, to have my focus be in Him... how I long for that! I look forward to Him showing me how this scripture will affect me this year and how His glory will reign!

My heart is joyful and I am enjoying some much needed quiet time at home today. I had to take Caleb to basketball practice at 6am and then I stuck around and served the 7th and 8th grade b-ball players breakfast.. so I am feeling a bit sluggish... so my plan is to take it easy and enjoy my quiet house until I have to pick up the kids from school! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment