Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday Christmas Edition



I am beyond thankful for the manger, for Jesus coming to our world and being born to die for our sins! How truly amazing that we have a Savior who came in the form of a baby born in humble conditions, but yet, the most High King~ how I imagine Mary and Joseph kissing the face of our Savior... I love the song Joseph's lullaby, it's one of my favorite Christmas songs by Mercy Me.

Go to sleep my Son
This manger for your bed
You have a long road before You
Rest Your little head

Can You feel the weight of Your glory?
Do You understand the price?
Does the Father guard Your heart for now
So You can sleep tonight?

Go to sleep my Son
Go and chase Your dreams
This world can wait for one more moment
Go and sleep in peace

I believe the glory of Heaven
Is lying in my arms tonight
Lord, I ask that He for just this moment
Simply be my child

Go to sleep my Son
Baby, close Your eyes
Soon enough You'll save the day
But for now, dear Child of mine
Oh my Jesus, Sleep tight

As we are preparing our home and lives for Christmas with family and friends, I want to remind myself that this is all about Jesus, not the gifts, the clean house, or the good food, all of which are wonderful, but aren't the reasons for this wonderful time of year. May the eyes of my heart and music in my soul, worship Jesus and thank God for sending us His son to save the world! What a perfect gift! How excited I am to share this gift with the people in Italy, to share Jesus with everyone around us, to be His eyes and ears and words to those around us, no matter where we go! Praying for His peace this Christmas, it can be a hard time of year for people, and sharing Christ's love and taking time to really see beyond our own noses is so important.

I had the opportunity to ring bells for the Salvation Army with some 8th grade boys from Lincoln Christian School on Wednesday, and I had the wonderful privilege of meeting a man named Joe, he was ringing bells before and after our 2 hour shift. I was able to chat with him for a bit and hear about his journey and pain, sharing with him the hope we have in Jesus, he shared his apartment had burned down last Christmas and he was homeless for awhile and had nothing, literally the little he had owned burned up. Although he shared that he was living in another apartment, he was still struggling to make ends meet, he was currently out of work, and yet he felt like giving back and ringing bells for the Salvation Army. Listening to him talk about his hard times and hearing how he thought that all kids today were selfish, but he said after watching these 8th grade boys and hearing them talk about why they were there, he said he was so happy to hear that not all kids are as bad as he thought. Here was a 54 year old man who was changed his opinion about youth by seeing four 8th grade boys give time. How often we just aren't willing to give of our precious time.. I am praying for Joe this Christmas, praying that he feels the love of Jesus, and that others will come along side him and nurture the seed that was planted yesterday.

May this Christmas be wonderful for you and your family and may the Savior of the World Jesus be the gift you cherish most!

No comments:

Post a Comment