Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday



Be Thankful
By Author Unknown
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.

My mom always said I was a "wordy" person, it was probably a nice way of saying I liked to talk a lot! Which is true, I enjoy talking. I like cards that have a lot of words in them, I love reading, I am good about filling a void in conversation, chatter to me is never meaningless!

Last night at Oasis Doug preached on self-control; we are going through the fruits of the spirit this year with our high schoolers. This topic and fruit made for interesting conversation in my small group and more importantly Holy Spirit spoke to me about my words. My words need to reflect a grateful heart! I am incredibly grateful, however, it's easy to miss my gratefulness because my words probably don't sound all that grateful to my husband at the end of a long day of running errands or cleaning up the house. I tend to be an open book and share a lot about what's on my heart, but what is on my heart? Is my heart thankful? If it is, then my words should line up with that! I felt convicted.... I desire to show the world that God is Good, not only in the wonderful, easy, blessed times, but in the hard, ugly and stressful ones too! May the words on my lips this day, be marked with Thanksgiving!

Psalm 69:30 I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment