Monday, January 24, 2011

Time



This word is used over and over in my vocabulary every day! I wonder what time it is, how much time I have to get something done, do I have time to do it, it's time to leave, it's time to go, time, time, time...

Measuring my day based on a certain schedule is necessary, the kids need to be at school at a certain time, I need to pick them up at a certain time, etc. I some days desire that time would stand still and on other days I wish it would fly! Knowing that I don't control it.. I still desire to somehow manage it..

Manage it I do, well if you ask me... I hate being late... I am usually 5 min early (at least)... :) I am also known for saving seats for people... since I arrive early, I tend to be able to hold seats for those who are late...

So why am I rambling about time? Well, what provoked this thought process was I had looked back today on my testimony I had shared at COP in July. In it I spoke about the Beth Moore study I had done on Esther. God had used that study to prepare my heart more for the path we are on now as missionaries... the scripture I used was Esther 4:14b ...And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” For such a time as this! Those words spoke to me in such a deep and personal way... it made me question what time is this for me? What is God using this time in my life for? Time... I want to use the time I have now in deputation to glorify God, to use my time to fulfill the calling, to learn more about His Word! I am taking steps to do just that, I am looking into taking some classes at LBC (Lincoln Berean Church) at their Christian Leadership College, and dig deeper! Delighting myself in learning! So, pray for me as I take steps to do just that!

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Henry Van Dyke

1 comment: