Thursday, January 13, 2011

Laying it Down..



You know that feeling of deja vu? Well, sometimes my prayer life can feel a bit like that. I know I've said this like a thousand times Lord.. but here I go saying it again.. it's not that God didn't hear me the first thousand times, it's just that I tend to lay it down momentarily and then pick it back up again.I am learning that laying it down is easy for that moment, it's just the walking away from it that's hard.

My daughter is an internal processor, she thinks things through pretty much all the way before she tells you what she was thinking about. She likes to be prepared, likes to know where her thoughts are heading before she clues you in. I tend to do this process in reverse order... I let you know what I'm thinking and then process it while I'm talking. It's funny to see how differently we take things in and rearrange the way we let them out. I am often times taken aback by her wisdom, when she lets you in to what's brewing in her head, she brings insight and discernment to things well beyond her eleven years of age. Seeing the gifts God has sewn into who she is and recognizing the young woman she is in Christ is so fun! I had the opportunity just to talk with her a bit tonight because she was having trouble getting to sleep and I went in and snuggled with her for a bit and picked her brain... thankful for the quiet moment of hearing what was on her mind.

It brought me to this place of laying it down.. knowing that all our thoughts and insights are never going to be enough.. it takes laying it down at Jesus' feet. Letting it go.. and walking away..

My life is filled with lots of situations that are beyond me, beyond my ability to fix, beyond my expertise, experience, and grasp.. but knowing that, causes me to have Hope! Knowing that all glory is His alone..

2 Corinthians 4:7-9
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment