Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Encouraged

I just thought that I should write about how encouraged I feel tonight! I feel amazingly blessed by the friendship we have found here in Lincoln. It took us about a year or so to really connect with another couple that we didn't have to drive twenty minutes to see. Much love to our Crete friends and our Omaha friends! We love you all, but it's wonderful to have this friendship in our hometown too! Building this friendship has been so much fun! We've had fun playing video games, talking church, talking life, talking school and talking missions.. and I have even gone to see them with no make-up... which if you know me well, is a rare occasion! I tend to never leave the house without at least a little. :)

What I've found is that God brings about the most amazing connections in the simplest circumstances... going to a Christian school has given us this awesome community that has embraced us and they had this cool little set-up of connecting people based on their kids' age and having a host family that invites you over for dinner and gets to know you. And we had the incredible blessing of being paired up with the Ken and Teresa. We connected and it's been wonderful to get to know them!

It's allowed me to be very honest about life, I have felt that I don't need to pretend with them or say just the right thing all the time, they accept me for who I am where I am. What a refreshing thing! We had the opportunity to hang out with them tonight and I am looking forward to coffee with Teresa tomorrow.. I hope they don't get too sick of us... ;) ....

Shoulder to shoulder friendship was something I have been praying for and it's wonderful to experience it here in Lincoln... Our God is so faithful!

1 comment:

  1. A friend you can really trust and be totally yourself with is a wonderful gift from God. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete