Monday, August 30, 2010

Stretched & Pulled

Yesterday I was dealing with the questions that bounce around inside my head like, what will my kids be doing on Friday nights in the fall in Italy? Will missing out on High School football games, homecoming dances, prom, ect... Will that be something that they will be mad at me about and think that they've missed something back here because of being on the mission field? Will they have friends there? Will Caleb and Faith be okay with this decision five years from now? Am I cheating them of a normal middle school & high school experience?..... and on and on.... doubt... worry.... fear... all the unknowns....

But then it dawns on me... do any of these events really matter in the grand scheme of life? Does that fact that Caleb and Faith will not have the "American High School Experience" determine happiness? I sure hope not!! Actually maybe it's a huge blessing that they won't have to have it! It's a matter of looking at what is really important and putting it into perspective ... and trusting that God cares more than I do... that He knows what's best, that I can trust Him to take care of my kids! He is always faithful and I can lay all my worries and fears down and He has it all under control! How awesome is that... that it's all in His perfect and trustworthy hands.... Trust .... Peace.... Goodness... Faithfulness...

I know that this is the path that God has set us on, not just Michael and I, but our kids too! It's going to be a life changing experience for all of us, as a friend said this morning... you take the good with the bad... but the bad isn't so bad when you know that in the end it's all about what Jesus does... it's not about me at all, my focus is shifting back to where it needs to be.. on Jesus... because I don't have all the answers, but I know the One who does! Praise God for that!

I will lift my eyes to the Maker and give Him my doubts and in return He gives me peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment