Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Plans

Oh how I love to plan things out! I love to talk about plans, but I really love to see it written out in pen in my calendar. I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with most of the leadership team for Oasis youth group tonight and we planned out the next five months! I love that! I look forward to the Wednesdays we have mapped out and know what lies ahead. I also like being given the responsibility to get it put down in a calendar format and send it off to the other leaders. I am a dork, I know! :)

So here's the thing, I know that plans are awesome, but I also know that things don't always go as planned. Sometimes the greatest things are not even considered an option but become the biggest blessing ever. As I look back at my life and realize that the path that has led me here did not go as I had planned; but I wouldn't change a thing! God in His Sovereign goodness has given me the most amazing son. I was eighteen years old when I got pregnant with Caleb, I was unmarried, scared to death, and completely sure that this was not "the plan". What I am most thankful for is God's redeeming love, His forgiveness and the fact that He got me through the fear and shame. I am not proud of every decision I made concerning my conduct but I am proud that God gave me Caleb. That God was good enough to show me His plan and His plan was so much better than mine!

Nothing we do is ever without God knowing, every plan we make is of great concern and interest to our Heavenly Father. Isn't it awesome to know that wether we are placing a coffee date on the calendar or wedding date, God cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment