Monday, August 2, 2010

12:50

It's late and I should be in bed, but wow, it's been an amazing day! I had the joy of getting up on Sunday morning and getting into my car and driving to my church, I got to sit in a service, that blessed my heart, went upstairs after service to teach a class of three year olds with my niece Natasha.... It hasn't really dawned on me til now that this routine will look so different when we reach the field. I will not have the opportunity to sit in a church building where I understand the language, where I can gather with lots of other fellow Christians and worship God together. Our church abroad will look more like small group here in the states, there won't be a children's worship service that looks that what we are used to and it won't feel like the corporate setting that I have grown so accustomed to.
Yet, how I long for "church" in Italy, how I long to gather with other's who don't speak my native language, others who will show me what it means to worship God... how I long for the harvest... my heart is aching for the lost, I want to reach those who are seeking false gods and without hope.... I desire to let God use me in a way that glorifies His majesty and brings others to the knowledge of His saving grace....
Somewhere right now in Italy, a person who I will meet in some eighteen months is eating breakfast and waiting for an answer to their question of what's this life for.... I can't wait to meet them and tell them that this life is all for Jesus....

No comments:

Post a Comment