Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Check Lists


I have been creating lists of things that need to be done like buy stamps, buy more envelopes, get more ink for printer, take a family photo (since we apparently never do this), get passports, create case statement, and so and and so on... my lists in my head were producing more lists...
As Michael and I were out shopping today running errands I grew increasingly frustrated with him as he was sure that the grocery store we were at sold stamps, which we found out after standing in line at customer service that it did not, I was irritated because he had wasted my time... how ridiculous is that? I realized by the time we got to the car that my harsh words at him were wrong and I apologized and the Holy Spirit began to show me how my own busyness had shut out the joy the Lord had intended for me. An old Sunday School song began running through my mind, "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, and again I say rejoice."

I had been so consumed by my own plans that I had forgotten to ask God to help me rejoice! So, if you're like me and busy getting all sorts of things checked off "the list," remember to Rejoice in the Lord for all He has done!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Renee--you sound just like me!! I snapped at Gray today and realized I was frustrated simply because I was so consumed with my own plans. We had to sit and realize that we were going about deputation at completely separate paces, and need to meet each other on mutual grounds in this. IT needs to be a partnership, or else how are we supposed to raise partnerships for Italy?! It was a wake up call to me, and a really good one. God's definitely teaching us and humbling us through this! We're praying for you guys and miss you so much!! Love you! Eryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eryn- It's hard stuff working on something this important... it makes me realize, just like you, that we have to work together at a pace set by God, not us. ;) I miss you too and you are in our prayers, I can't wait to hit the field with you!! :) Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete