Sunday, August 8, 2010

Feeling Inspired!!!!!

Inspiration- (according to Dictionary.com)

–noun
1. an inspiring or animating action or influence: I cannot write poetry without inspiration.
2. something inspired, as an idea.
3.
a result of inspired activity.
4. a thing or person that inspires.
5.
Theology .
a. divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
b. the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.
6. the drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation.
7. the act of inspiring; quality or state of being inspired.

I am acutely aware of most of these definitions of inspiration; I however, was unaware of how much I needed to feel inspired.

This weekend was filled with food and fellowship with two teammates, Meghan and Josh; who made us feel encouraged and equipped for the road ahead in getting ready for our mission to Italy. What I was not expecting was the feeling of inspiration that came with them. They gave us a glimpse once more of the passion and mindset of our mission field! I feel more excited, more energized, and more in awe of what God is doing in this process!

My favorite definition is under Theology that says, the drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation. That's exactly how this weekend made me feel, like I was breathing deep the sense of community and dedication of what Team Italy is all about. I can't wait to be together with the entire team once again. I have a greater sense of the effect this team has had on me.

God is Able, as our Pastor said in his sermon today, He is able to do beyond our wildest expectations or imagination! I feel this growing anticipation for what God is doing and I feel inspired to keep running, pushing on to the goal! God is Good! God is Able! He has yet again breathed into me His inspiration, by giving us teammates who are willing to share theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment