Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rummage to Rome



You would think that downsizing from a house to an apartment a year and a half ago would mean that I would have very little to downsize. I wish.

I've been going through every drawer, closet, and Rubbermaid tub that have been filled with "too good to get rid of" things. Those things now are wearing stickers for the garage sale I have planned for the end of July. My sister-in-law in Crete is hosting and going through all of her things too. We also have a good friend who is donating lots of household things (she's getting married in Aug.) and will need to combine two households.

We need others to donate their things too. We are planning on using the proceeds from the sale to help with start-up costs for Italy. Which is why it's our Rummage to Rome! So, if you are like me and have lots of "too good to get rid of but not using at all" stuff... donate it to us! We would love to help you help us! My pile of sellables is growing and it's going to be a very big sale! You have a month to look through all your things and get them to us, if you want to know how, contact me via facebook (leave a comment) and I will get back to you with the how-to. Or if you want to help us out at the sale.. let me know.

We are looking forward to simplifying our life and letting go of the clutter! Sounds good right! I'm off to look through another closet... how many towels does one really need?

No comments:

Post a Comment