Friday, June 17, 2011

Hello Summer!



It's been a wild and crazy summer so far! Michael is done working at Target, I have been to Kansas City for a mother/daughter getaway, back to Kansas City for Team Building, off to Maranatha for a week on staff and featured missionary, home to pack Faith for another week at camp, cleaning out our apartment for a garage sale, prepping for our life overseas.. woo it's been crazy!!

I have loved the busyness and activity...partially because it's distracting and partially because it's fun! It's distracting in a good way.. it's helped keep Michael and I busy and gives no time for us to worry about what this life of full time fundraising means.. we know deep down that God continues to provide and we've had success in getting new donors and are amazed at how God keeps reminding us that he is in control! It's been fun to get away and spend time with other people and talk til late into the night.. we did lots of that at team building and then did lots more of that at camp, singing songs of praise to the Lord late into the night. What a wonderful time we've had this summer!

We are in the process of going through all of our stuff and I really mean all of it... we have lots more to go through.. you know all of those art projects you save from your kids' school and all the little pieces of paper for awards for who-knows-what.. yeah, we are starting to look through those.. wow, and to think we still have a lot stored at Michael's Aunt and Uncles, that we plan to go through soon as well... we've acquired too much!! Now, it's time to only save those things that are precious and necessary.. Michael has informed me that I need to get the kids' scrapbooks going for graduation.. I'm a bit behind, but with going through it all, I'll be on my way to organizing that!

Life is busy and full, but we are focused on the goal, we know that this time next year we will be in Italy, this is our last "normal" summer in the States for awhile. Every family event, every item we decide to keep or sell, every trip, every night spent chatting around a table with friends and family; I am taking it all in more deeply.. trying to hold on to the moment and savor the time.. it's causing me to be more intentional and I love it! It's going to be a wild and crazy summer and I can't wait!


Time spent with my mom and dad memorial day weekend!


Mother/Daughter Getaway!


Team Time (the girls)


Team Time (the boys)


Camp Maranatha Duties!


Michael teaching & praying at Maranatha Bible Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment