Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am very thankful for art. Thankful for the way that it makes me happy! I love creating, designing, painting, and finding new ways to re purpose things. "The Earth without art is just Eh." Love that quote... I feel much the same way if I am not creating and changing things in my life... "eh". I am grateful for this season of my life right now and that I am needing a creative outlet and praising God that I am finding it.. it's helping me cope with all the changes and pressures! Here are some fun things I've been inspired by lately.

1. Pintrest.com: what can I say? It's pretty much my favorite thing right now! I am finding all sorts of fun art projects to do! Also finding fun things to change up in my house! Love!

2. Making t-shirt scarves.. thinking of doing a bunch for stocking stuffers!

3. Learning to create different braids on my daughter Faith's hair!

4. Painting on canvas once again! After we moved to Lincoln I stopped taking art classes and haven't really painted on canvas since about a year ago... and just last week painted two pictures of owls for my daughter and son's bathroom. :)

5. Helping out in an art class at Lincoln Christian this week! I have the joy of helping teach 21ish 8th grade boys the joy of creating masks for the Fall Jr. High Drama Production.. it's been really fun watching them create..and seeing how their ideas come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment