Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pondering Finances..

Michael and I are taking a financial class right now and it's been so stretching and great to talk about the hows and whys of money management and our own personal experiences and lifestyle in all things money related. We are finding out how much work it is to manage it properly. At the end of our class session a few days ago, a scripture was shared. It is Proverbs 30:8 which states, Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me,


The question that was posed after reading through it was when was the last time you prayed that God wouldn't give you riches? How many times do you pray that God will fix things financially by just giving you more money? This question struck me... hmm do I pray for neither poverty or riches? It's a great prayer to pray, that I would have balance in my life, find contentment with what God has given to me and realize that money doesn't solve everything. We are responsible for what God has given to us, He's entrusted us here in America with an abundance if you look at the majority of the world. Do I realize the great blessings I have? The richness of the gifts I've received? Am I content? Do I praise God for what we have? The train of thought continued inward to a heart evaluation.. I've seen with new eyes the blessing of what we have. 

I am seeking to be content, it's such a battle in this very materialistic society we live in, it's hard to not be tricked into thinking that want is need. But want is NOT need.. and finding out what is really need and what is only want is sometimes blurry.. praying that God would continue to be patient with me.. I have a long way to go.. but I am thankful for this journey.. grateful for what God is revealing about my heart condition with money and slowly showing me another area in my life where I need more of Him and less of me..

No comments:

Post a Comment