Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Family. Friends. Fireworks!

Celebrating with loved ones is wonderful isn't it? Laughing with one another, inside jokes, long standing nicknames, favorite foods, being known in such a way that allows you the freedom to just be... These are the things that make up our 4th of July gathering each year. Knowing it'll be your last of these for awhile is so bittersweet. I know that we'll be friends forever and that when we get back to the States we'll have more 4th of July celebrations together. I also know that while we are away serving in Italy I will miss them terribly and the 4th of July next year will be hard without them!

However, the sadness is mingled with anticipation for what is yet to come. I know that we are doing God's will and that our missionary calling will hold more joy than I can even fathom, but there are times where these "lasts for awhile" are hard.

We played Startzer Olympics and drew our team members from a hat and my team won! The funny thing is Caleb was all bummed when he found out I was on his team, but he was one proud boy after watching me win in the three legged race with Monique. We rocked it out! Kevin and Caleb did an awesome job in the water balloon toss.. it was so much fun racing against everyone and I have to admit quite fun beating Michael... who is used to winning. ;)

I enjoyed every moment, ate all my holiday favorites (calico beans, strawberry pretzel dessert, monster cookies, and cheesy potatoes!) until I was overly filled, and laughed until I cried and my sides hurt. It was a day to remember! Here's a peek into the days events...



Faith & Julia

Tradition of writing our names with smoke bombs

Caleb blowing things up

Forever Friends! (amazing sisters!)

Our favorite lanters

No comments:

Post a Comment