Tuesday, April 12, 2011

unexpected



I love the unexpected, the adventure, spur of the moment decisions which create moments of complete fanciful joy.

Today was a day like that. Michael had the day off, a change from his usual Wednesday. This morning I made the decision to allow my kiddos to sleep in, they had been so run down from staying up late and all the play performances over the weekend, so I figured an extra hour or so sleep would help. What I failed to remember was that today was standardized testing at school this morning, oops. So they missed a good hour of those... ugh.. but no worries, they will make them up at some point. And they loved the extra time this morning!

This afternoon Michael and I went out to lunch and had a great date. We caught up with each other and shared some good laughs! He's such a great man!

Then I headed to school around 3:15 to get the kids and ended up parking by my friend Teresa and we chatted until the kids came out. Our girls decided we should all go on a walk tonight and I was up for it, so we planned a walk after dinner. What I had failed to remember was the we had a team skype meeting planned for the same time we had thought to walk. So, I called her and we brainstormed to have dinner together at 5:00. We headed to their house and my wonderful honey made a pasta dinner for both families and Teresa did salad and bread. While he was cooking and chatting with Ken, us girls went on a walk and our boys played basketball. Then came home to eat dinner. It was the most enjoyable evening!!

We headed home and had our team skype meeting, which went great. Now I am vegging and relaxing. Getting ready to get the kids to bed. It was a fantastically unplanned day filled with surprises and great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment