Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday reflecting on the Women's Retreat


Quiet time with the Lord, nothing beats it! Today I am reflecting on my time away at this years women's retreat at Platte River State Park. It was such a joy to see women from my old church and women from my new church gathered together to learn about Finding Sanctuary and seeking the heart the God. How I need to know more about what finding sanctuary means and seek that in my Savior Jesus each day. I am so thankful for the time away last weekend. It was nice to stay up late talking with women each night, enjoying the fellowship that occurs when ladies get together!

I hope that each woman there found the same kind of rejuvenating experience as I did. I hope that it gave them time to stop the busyness of life and just be with the Lord. It was great to hear about authentic relationship not only with each other, but how important it is to have that with God. We had a chance on Sunday to hear some women share their testimonies and it was powerful to see what God has done in their lives! I wanted to share a few pics I had taken from the retreat. We had free time on Saturday and a lot of women went into Louisville to do some shopping or to Art Chicks. I went to Art Chicks and had a ball! Dress up and dessert, who wouldn't love that?! We had a Chico's fashion show that evening and our worship leader Lori Fuchs did makeovers and Angie did our hair. However, my camera died during the show.. so I don't have any pictures of myself modeling.. it was such a blast! :) All the planning was worth it, what a great weekend it was! Enjoy!

getting checked in

Our speaker Julie Sibert and friends

My sister Natalie and I

Friday evening group

Our worship leader Lori and accompanist Cathy






dessert and dress up

dress up time

the ladies :)


make up


hair time

fashion show time!

fashion runway

Sunday Morning

worship


my friend and teammate Nicole sharing her testimony

No comments:

Post a Comment