Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thoughts of a mom

Emotions of motherhood; I feel for my children and myself. It's strange how sensitive you can be for your own children. How you feel such empathy, hurt, happiness, nerves, whatever the feeling so strongly for them. I am dealing with emotions of feeling left out right now.. it's not really me who's being left out, but wow, you'd think it was, at the depth of the pain I feel when it happens to my kids.

Being in a new school, dealing with people who've known each other for years, established friendships and being the "new kid" is hard. I was talking with a friend today about how she is dealing with this same thing with her daughter who is much younger than my kids, but how we both thought that it might bother us more than it does our daughters. Isn't that a thought.. does it bother Faith as much as it bothers me? And so I asked her what she was feeling when this happens.. and she said, it does bother her a lot, but she tries to just ignore it.

Then there is the added bonus of social media, you find out about it through pictures on facebook or status updates as soon as the event is taking place... I am glad I didn't have facebook to deal with when I was in Jr. High or High School, it brings another element of social drama! Here's just another thing I need to lay down and try to push through with Jesus.. grateful for His grace and praying I can extend that grace as these situations happen.. I feel like I'm in high school again.. good thing I'm young and remember how it felt, it's very fresh in my mind.. hoping I can impart some wisdom to her as we deal with many more years of these types of things.. She'll make it through and so will I. Just pray for my heart and for good inclusive friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment