Sunday, November 13, 2011

What other's think..

The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that. Proverbs 29:25 MSG


The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is safe. Proverbs 29:25 ESV


This truth is so convicting to me today. I sadly, many times measure myself by other people's standards. I am sometimes paralyzed by the expectations of others. I calculate decisions based on what other's will say, I worry about saying "no" to things because I fear people won't like me, I worry about what people will say if I "let them down", and do you know what this is called? Pride. I am prideful, I want to save face with people. I want them to like me... why?? Why do I fear man? Why do I let other's define me? 


God is humbling me, He is stretching me, releasing me from my pride...and I need Him. I need Him to hold me as I let go of my people pleasing ways.. because God isn't concerned with whether or not people like me.. He's concerned about whether or not I trust Him. Because scripture says, if I trust Him I am safe and protected from the fear of man. What other's think, say, or feel about me shouldn't matter. My identity is not in what other's say.. my identity is in Christ alone! I want to be safe and protected.. I guess it's time I trust that He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment