Friday, October 7, 2011

Journeying


I walked into missions not really knowing a whole lot about mission agencies, I hadn't grow up a missionary kid, I didn't attend a church growing up that exposed me a whole lot to the world of international missions, I only knew one missionary as a child and what I knew didn't make me want to jump up and be one, as a young married I attended a Lutheran church that's main mission focus was internal missions (city missions), then we changed churches and were blessed to see the vision of missions through the Berean Church.. it changed our life (literally). I am thankful for our exposure to missions, we've met some incredible missionaries, people who have impacted my life and who's journey to the field has been inspiring! This whole experience has stretched me, grown my faith in Jesus, exposed me to a greater understanding of how God really does provide your every need. Financially it has grown us and stretched us, living on support is something that most people never get to experience, and I am grateful beyond words to our supporters.. this journey has been hard, but so worth it. I am pausing to thank God for His tender mercies, for his graciousness of putting some amazing family & friends in our life to walk with us, and our supporters who love us and support the path that God has placed us on. It's been hard, it's been amazing, and I know that God's working.... excited to see all that He's got in store! Thank you for journeying with me, reading my thoughts, & keeping us in your prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment