Thursday, November 8, 2012

Still an hour left in my Thankful Thursday!

Thankful for so many things. I honestly hate to focus on just one thing, but I will tonight. I am thankful for relaxation in the form of a bubble bath. That's the way my night has winded down and I needed it!

Conversations in our living room tonight consisted of a very heavy topic. Our exchange student has some very strong opinions. He is passionate about what he's learned and seems to have a hard time believing that there might be another way to look at something. He likes talking about war and leaders of other countries, he enjoys telling us about what he knows or what he's studied about. What caught me off guard was his take on WWII and hearing some of his teachings in China about the Jewish people and in particular Hitler were hard to swallow and honestly just wrong. My heart was heavy and I had a hard time staying calm about what he was saying. I don't want to go into a play by play, but let's just say I had to walk away from the conversation. Michael was great at not getting emotional, but well, I on the other hand got all emotional. Pray for Ethan, pray that he would be open to learning, that he would leave room in his head for others viewpoints, that he would seek to know more than what he think he knows. Pray that he would question... because so much in life requires our questioning...

This brings me to the bubble bath. After our conversation, I let Michael end the chat with Ethan and took a long bubble bath. I put on some great music and soaked away my worries and laid my heavy heart at the feet of my precious Jesus. So thankful for my calgon take me away moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment